YogaMOOC week 5 – Course Goal

Week 5 of the yoga MOOC was a little bit tough for me, I felt like I didn´t have as much time for it as usually and that I didn´t get the connection this time. Still I´m sad the last week is starting tomorrow and that this course will be over.

As I said that week had been a little hard on me.

So following my goal was ok, but I´m trying to find a new routine with my mediation practice as  noticed my written goal wasn´t working out as well anymore.

So I tried to do in the morning a short meditation and just a little yoga to wake up and I changed my routine after my first workshift. Now I don´t go to the gym, but do a longer yoga practice at home and some exercises to help me be able to do yoga.

That routine seems to work better for me. So that I think went really well.

My over all goal is to find my inner self, and I still don´t feel closer to that. I have read book and so on. But I feel like I still have long ways ahead.

The positive process here is, that there is a process, I try to do many things to reach that goal. So I think I´m on the right path.

7 Comments

1. Adela

November 27, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Hi <3
    Good luck with the meditation. I know it can be really hard, but don't give up. I had to change my lifestyle in order to get closer to my goal. Finding your inner self maybe requires more time even.. Maybe you won't get right there with this course, but you'll be on the path. And knowing what you want and what you need for yourself will motivate you to search for other means which will help you get there, or people, who you will happen to meet and will help you get there, or activities. It is a really long journey and it doesn't happen in 6 weeks. The activity that helped me to get closer was to volunteer in Nicaragua and that experience changed a lot of my views on life

1. magda

November 29, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Thank you so much! Reading your post made me feel so good and encouraged me to stay on the path I´m at right now. I wasn´t even sure anymore. But you are right, it takes time. Best of luck to you too!

2. Katie Briance

November 27, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Keep going! I think that you have identified the key, that this is an ongoing process. Just turning up on your mat or to sit for meditation is a step forward. It’s great when we have the time and the head space for a long practice, but we also need to be realistic on days that are more challenging and if that means a shorter practice than so be it. Your doing great!

1. magda

November 29, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Yes, you are right. Thank you for your comment – it made me feel more confident about my practice again. That I´m not just disorganized and lazy, that it is life and not everyday I is the same or not everyday I can do hugh practices!Thanks!

3. Jessie

December 4, 2017 at 9:25 am

I’m trying to practice meditation too! The initiative to just spend time for ourselves, our inner selves and meditate is really a good practice. I did not do meditation at all before this course and now I’m practicing it at least a couple of minutes everyday (whether it is before a yoga workout, or before bedtime), it really soften the heart. Lets keep up the good work and keep on practicing!

1. magda

December 4, 2017 at 10:20 am

That is true, it is a really good practice for that! I´m trying to squeez in a few minutes everyday too. I didn´t notice it before, but you are right – it really softens the heart. Afterwards I´m more understanding and my anger or whatever negative feelings are gone. Thanks for the encouragement, let´s keep practicing!

4. adela